Got the SD1 back.

Picked it up this morning. New door skins fitted to some secondhand doors that were better than the originals, frame wise. I'll need to make or source some shims to get the best fit. Think it will take the best part of a week to fit everything back on properly.

Total re-spray and new windscreen fitted 1710 squids. I supplied all the panels. Paint finish is pretty good. Modern water based stuff. Black as original.

The oven has melted the sliding strip on the gear selector. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Your post looked so lonely for 2 days that I just had to keep it company. That feeling when you get it finished is unsurpassable, isn't it? I'm interested in your paintwork - surprised they didn't melt more of the plastic! BTW how does water-based compare with 2-pack for durability?

Reply to
Asolepius

Any Pics Dave?

Reply to
Ash

I've only just finished a 'heavy' work contract, and intended starting on it yesterday. But it rained. So today's the day, and I've got a few weeks off.

I'll try and get some pics up somewhere when it's finished.

But after giving it a good wash, I'm not too happy with the bonnet - a few pock marks. They've agreed to sort it, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)