I have no time for drunk drivers

Heh. I think that paragraph applies to several people.

Reply to
deadmail

What a stupid thing to say. You are being very naughty

Complete rubbish.

present-buying,

The rate of drunk drivers getting convicted also gets higher around Christmas too! Explain that then, silly man

Yet

This makes me a "murder" in what way?

You are putting peoples lives at risk, that makes you a murder

Check your spelling, bloody useless drunk driver

Reply to
Sir.Tony

That argument goes for any type of driving, driving is an accident waiting to happen, a pedestrian stepping out etc. Drink driving increases the risk of it happening but so does driving more miles, or driving tired, or lighting a tab etc.

Reply to
joe parkin

Bring back hanging. How can have the nerve to drink & drive AND COME ON HERE AND BOAST ABOUT IT?

Reply to
Sir.Tony

It's groovy. I *like* it.

What's the matter with you? *Someone* has to do it...

Reply to
pseudoplatypus

Why's it a stupid thing to say? C'mon, let's have something coherent out of you for a change.

Well, that was succinct.

The plod go out looking for drunks at xmas. Other times of year, detection is left to the safety cameras. I thought that would have been obvious.

The law of averages is on my side. I've been doing it successfully for 30 years, and the only accidents I've had have been while I've been sober. Drink-driving *works*.

You appear to have real difficulty with spelling "murderer". You also seem to find it hard to explain why you consider me a murderer when I haven't killed anyone.

So, how long have you been trying to use English for, sonny?

Reply to
pseudoplatypus

Be fair, you do seem to be a fairly useless drink-driver since by your own admission you've failed to kill a single person.

Reply to
deadmail

Right. That's it. I'm going to neck a gallon of neat orange juice, crank up the Fuglypla, and hunt down some unfortunate to ruthlessly mow down.

Anybody know where cur.tony lives?

Reply to
pseudoplatypus

Stinking drunk-driver!

Reply to
Sir.Tony

Heh. Try replying to my other post, binlid.

Reply to
pseudoplatypus

Obvious - but completely wrong.

That should read:

"So, for how long have you been trying to use English, sonny?"

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.

Allan Bennett Not a fan of pseuds in glass houses

Reply to
Allan Bennett

Gosh, you're smart.

Care to work out how to use a sig seperator?

Reply to
deadmail

But in both cases the sentence ends with "sonny".

HTH.

Reply to
Ginge

pseud> >

I suspect both you and Burnt have been *whoosh*ed.

"Prepositions are not words with which to end sentences."

HTH

-- Chris

ZX-9R (in green, obviously) BOTAFOT#51

Reply to
CT

But Platy does ok with our language, for a Paddy-Mick.

Reply to
Lozzo

Oh dear...

Not a fan of irony, then? Or just keen to show how jolly bombastic you are?

Allan Bennett Not a fan of non-rhetorical usenet

Reply to
Allan Bennett

No thanks. I prefer the more technically correct 'separator'.

Actually, though, I have an atomagical one - but it ain't clever enough to formulate original stuff based on the content of the post - and I don't use sigs, they're bad for your health.

Allan Bennett Not a fan of burnt offerings

Reply to
Allan Bennett

Cor! You write good, dunnit?

  1. "Prepositions are not words to end sentences with." is an example of irony. In your case, wasted irony.

  1. Try to use punctuation correctly: ie "But, in both cases..."

  2. Try to understand sentence formation - and for what commas can be used - got that, sonny? (expl: both sentences end with ", sonny", not just "sonny".

  1. And never start a sentence with a conjunction.

Let that be a lesson to you.

Allan Bennett Not a fan of corrective institutions

Reply to
Allan Bennett

Best 'ad to say it though, but.

It seems you imagine my speech would pause after the word 'but', is that the case? I wrote that line exactly as I'd say the sentence, I'd not pause after the word 'but'.

I can see how if I'd written something along the lines of - 'The sky is blue. But, sometimes clouds obscure the sky.' the word 'But,' would be correct, in that context it sounds correct.

In a single sentence I'd not make a pause, there's no point in doing so, it's a one line interruption.

Boring, boring, boring.

You and Des should meet up.

Reply to
Ginge

It has been a long time since you have been a UK resident and it shows.

Reply to
steve auvache