Importing from Spain/Portugal

Anybody done it?

I'm looking at importing an older (c.70s/80s) car from Spain or Portugal at the mo - finding it should be the easy bit, through clubs, and the plan is to get a couple lined up for inspection, fly out, buy one, drive home.

That's the easy bit, and I'm quite happy with the UK registration side, but is there anything awkward to bear in mind with the Iberian registration authorities? Do plates stay with the car or the owner over there?

Cheers, A.

Reply to
Adrian

In Portugal, they stay with the car. Don't know about Spain, though.

Reply to
SteveH

In article , Adrian says... and the=20

My mate is having his MK2 Essie transported over. It works out cheaper=20 by =A3100 than him flying out and driving it back and it saves him 3=20 days. Was picked up today and should be back Tues latest.=20

Unless you're planning a road trip...

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

Conor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Stupid question...

Do I need an excuse for a road trip? No. So why would I pass a good excuse over?

Reply to
Adrian