OT: The Great Race

Some of you will recall the fillum. Inspired by the 1907 Pekin-Paris and 1908 NewYork-Paris endurance trials for motor cars.

I have the book, "Adventurer's Road", printed 50 years ago for the 50th anniversary, which describes both events and has some fairly ok B&W pics of the time. Incredible stuff, when you see the conditions and what they had to work with.

I will be scanning this and putting it up as .pdf sometime in the near future if anybody wants a copy. I've had the book a few years and totally forgot the dates - should have done this last year, really.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote in news:gak0bi$edp $ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

Superb. Carry on. That is all.

Reply to
Tunku

Yes please. Doing something similar myself in a couple of weeks! (Well maybe not quite so extreme).

Simon

Reply to
swdenman