Pekin - Paris 1907

First half of the book now up...

Grimly Curmudgeon

--

Interesting, thanks. Whilst camping in France in 2005 we met Rob Spijker, a descendent of the Spyker family who had just taken part in the re-run of the Pekin - Paris rally.

Details of the ABC documentary of the 2005 re-run can be found here.

OG

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "OG" saying something like:

Thanks for that pointer. Must find a torrent of it now.

Hohum, there was a torrent of the ABC prog, but it's fairly dead at the moment.

That's the closest, indeed, near enough identical to the original, with the exception of the Contal actually making it in the re-run by the looks of it. From what I can see on the net all sort of eejits jumped on the re-run bandwagon with utterly inappropriate cars.

Fer gawd's sake, they're still going to be at it in 2010...

's the bloody point.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Grimly Curmudgeon saying something like:

Found a torrent of the Australian BroadCorpo 2005 re-run of the event, which was probably the closest in spirit and size to the original event.

Grimly Curmudgeon