Re: MK2 Escort RS2000 Steering Rack

Martin waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Good Morning All, > > My car has just failed it's MOT on a steering rack gaitor and I can't > work out what rack it is to buy the replacement. > > Apparently the rack will be either a "Burman" or a "Cam Gears" - how > can I work it out? > > There are no discernable markings/logos etc and I don't know the exact > year as the car the rack is fitted to is not original. > > I can send a pic if someone thinks they will recognise it. > > Many thanks, > > Martin.

doesn't make much difference as far as I remember, the RS2000 rack gaiters were interchangeable with standard Mk2 Escorts ones, or non PAS Capri ones.

I may be wrong, but Ian Harwood Ltd on 0151 339 2801 will know for sure. although he'll bore you to death with anecdotes, he's the top RS man in the country for Mk2 bits.

Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

Just buy QH universal ones

Reply to
AWM

Evening All,

Taa for the advice. Universal ones were out of stock so I bought a Cam-Gears one and it's the right one! Top result.

Cheers,

Martin.

Reply to
Martin