Mk2 Rally Spec Escort

Mk 2 Rally set up Escort

1980 2.0 Lt Pinto Engine 205 Block V6 K&N Carb 4 Branch Manifold 4 Pot Calipers Atlas Rear Axle 5 Linked Plumbed in 4Lt Fire Extinguisher. Quick Rack Sparco Bucket Seats Luke Harness 5 Speed Manual Gear Box Coil Over Suspension Anti Roll Bar Roll Cage Capri Fuel Tank

In West Wales

£2,500 ONO

07751 641005 AFTER 6pm pleaase.

Thanks

BORG

2 and a half grand for a shitty old heap like that?. Jesus.
Reply to
AndyR

Looks allright in the thumbnails but in the full size pics it's rough as f*ck.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Rally cars arent suppose to be pristine!! I like it, it's got character

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Not two and a half grands worth of character - the paint's been put on with gay abandon by Stevie Wonder going by the amount of overspray and general lack of care used, and I dread to think how much filler sits beneath the surface of that.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Indeed... Probably not best for the road :) It's a weekend 'play-thing'.

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

It's got a twisted shell at the very least, looking at how the panels generally don't appear to fit *anywhere*.

Reply to
SteveH

It's a 'rally' car you twonk, why spray it when it's going to get bashed around on a course.

Some ppl do use rally cars for rallies not posing on the local ring road

Reply to
BORG

Which is great. But you buy rally cars with solid shells so when you prang them you get the joy of walking away. Not bog filled shitboxes painted by Stevie Wonder with a brush.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yawn

Reply to
BORG

You've never been rallying have you?

Reply to
Conor

No, that's what rollcages are for.

Reply to
Conor

Usually you replace them with the cheapest shit factor budget specials you can find because they'll not be on very long.

Reply to
Conor

Mk2 Escorts are generally worth a fair bit, especially if they have been prep'd. Top ones go for upwards of £25k - obviously this ones not in that bracket, but as a budget rally car its got all the right bits, especially for a road rally car, which I guess is what its been used for by the current owner.

And if you are on a budget you're not gonna spends hundreds (or thousands) on paintwork and making the car look tidy when you're just gonna drive it through some scenery! OK, a little more care could have been taken, but its not what the car is about.

My old housemate had a road rally spec mini with 1370cc engine giving around

110bhp with just about everything upgraded. He painted that using hammerite and a brush in the snow. Did the job!

Anyway, good luck with the sale to the OP, whether its worth £2.5k or not, I guess you'll soon be finding out!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Wasn't a K-series was it? That'd be a cracking little road rally car.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I've seen A Series lumps running at 1380cc. Torquey little buggers.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Nope, bored out A series - that's about as big he wanted to go as he didnt want to be rebuilding it every few months. Totally mental!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

"JackH" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

The monkeys are not keeping a rally car going tho are they? Mechanicals always come before poofing it up when on a budget.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

But you need a solid shell to bolt'em to.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

But since no one has actually had a look at the car, how do you know it's not solid? Battle scars are all part of the fun, doesnt mean the shell is a rust bucket!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs