should I get servicing parts from Ford or motor factor?

Hi there,

I am going to attempt a DIY service on my Capri 280. Do we think I should go to Ford for my various filters and other service items, or would I be just as good going to a Motor factor's, who, I presume, will sell me cheaper non-Ford items.

Many thanks for any advice.

Reply to
jaap

Assuming you get well known branded parts from a Motor Factors it should be OK, after all, who do you think Ford gets / got them from ?...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

OK for filters and the like, but I'd be careful with safety-related parts - for example there were some very dodgy counterfeit brake pads doing the rounds recently.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie