Triumph Acclaim

Because at least one of every car made should survive somehow. I get really depressed by the throwaway nature of cars these days - my Mercedes was worth nothing here, but if I get really pissed off with it (see Spring hasn't Sprung in maintenance) then an exporter will pay £150 for it to send it to South Africa.

Even as an unexciting car, if it needs so little, why kill it off?

(My XM needs about 3-4x it's value in repairs, but I still hold on to it...)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

'Twas Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:29:01 +0100, when Richard Kilpatrick decided to declare:

I'm afraid it's gone :o( My Mum rang me last night to say she'd had it towed away, there was a 'We'll do it free' offer from the council. Sorry...

Del.

Reply to
Del The Obscure

Richard Kilpatrick ( snipped-for-privacy@dmc12.demon.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Why, though? There's an awful lot of VERY mediocre wastes of steel about. There's absolutely no need for one of every short-lived market failure to survive. Who, in years to come, will really care about the Ford Fusion, for example.

- give it to a team in need of a car, and it can go out in a blaze of glory...

Yes, well. It might not be the greatest car Citroen's ever made, but to compare it to a mid-80s Mazda 626... (grin)

Reply to
Adrian

As someone who would very much like to get hold of a Moskvitch 427 (van or estate) on the purely sentimental basis that it is associated with every childhood outing for a decade, I would like to think that someone does want to keep such beasts going.

Great engineering and great looks are not the only things driving this group !

Reply to
Samuel Clemens

AWM ( snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Indeed. I can actually see the appeal in something like a Mosky - and for some there's the sentimental factor too.

But - let's be fair - there's an awful lot of crap on the roads that won't be exactly a great loss when the last one dies.

Reply to
Adrian