Unusual sighting

I was in Falmouth a couple of weeks ago, and spotted a Morris Oxford Countryman in a station car park.

I don't think these are particularly common. I have never seen one in any of the shows I have been to, and I can't remember it listed in anybody's sig. So I must have been pretty lucky to chance upon one in use and on the road.

Unfortunately, I only had a cheap and cheerful camera with me, so the pictures are not particularly good. You can see them at

if you are interested. Does anybody know if this model is particularly rare?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Which type? There were two 'Travellers', a woody and all steel. Both I'd say pretty rare these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

The Traveller Estate car was introduced to the Oxford range in September

1952. The one in your photo's is a Series II version with the O.H.V. engine introduced in May of 1954. The model was replaced by the Series III in October 1956.
Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Pretty rare now I should think, but I remember them from the 50s. I knew someone who had one. Not many will have survived the tinworm (or the woodworm). Actually it's a nice picture. They were better looking than the Farina ones (now there's an argument started).

Reply to
Les Rose

Nice pic and a nice car. I would say these are now VERY rare. Ive only ever seen one other similar car in my entire 48 years and that was an old school teachers Morris Isis sis cylinder verison of the same car. More of these cowleys were made in the 4 door estate version and they would have been replaced by the Farinas in about 59. There was even one on ebay recently. Congrats to the owner on keeping such a rare piece of motoring history alive, though I doubt its actually worth that much, not that that is the point at all.. Jonners

Reply to
Jon Tilson