British Heritage Shells

When I restored an MGB Roadster in 1991, I just missed out on the availability of a Heritage Shell.

I'm looking to restore another car in the next few months and despite an extensive search, I cannot find any reference to these.

Anyone know the present situation?

Paul

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

Paul

THe MG Owners Club magazine carries an advert for new shells for MGB, GT, Midget, MGOC/Heritage & V8

Tel 01954 230928 or email snipped-for-privacy@mgocspares.co.uk

Reply to
Nick

I have the impression that stockists are under considerable pressure from the Heritage lot not to give discounts on shells, so they either advertise them at rrp or say something coy like "contact us for a price".

The trick is, therefore, to negotiate a price for a shell plus any other bits you'll want. Moss automatically offer a discount on spares for the next couple of years iirc, and MGB Hive are always worth talking to. Delivery charge is another good haggling point if you can't collect.

Reply to
Autolycus