Was Cumberland green one of the available colours for Morris Minor 1000s?

My dad's first car was a Morris Minor 1000, bought brand-new in 1963 and it was green. I have a feeling the colour was known as Cumberland green. Anyone care to confirm that?

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Not according to the MMOC website -

For a 1963car the most likely candidate is Almond green (see
.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Chris,

If it is of any use, my first car was a Morris 1000 Traveller DXD101B (ie

1964) and that was Almond Green so the year / colour ties up.

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yes, I have looked at the page here

and compared CumberlandGreen against Almond Green. In any case, the URL references Chris gavedon't mention Cumberland at all for the Minor. Strange that in mymind's eye I remembered it as Cumberland Green, yet when I see thatMini painted in Almond Green, yes, that *was* the colour! MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Cumberland Green GN35 was used on the Wolseley, Rily, Elf and Kestral between 1960-1968.

Almond Green GN37 was used on the Morris Minor, Oxford, Riley, Kestral and BMC commercials between 1961-1970.

But there are dozens of greens that were used during that period.

Regards,

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

I know Almond Green was a colour on Morris Mini's in 1963... so I guess it could also have been used on Minors.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose