XJ40 & SD1 Mirrors

Just noticed looking at a pic of an SD1 that these look bloody similar. Anyone know if they're the same part?

Reply to
Doki

If they are, brand new manual ones (SD1) are available from Rimmer for pennies. It's a fairly easy job to swap the electric internals. Only part that isn't available is the heated glass. The 'manual' glass fits the motor, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Confession: I don't need either. I just thought they looked bloody similar.

Reply to
Doki

They're simmler but not the same.

Be appalled and see.