84 HEI Tach drive distributator

This may sound like a real foolish question, I had a Mallory HEI distributator installed last year. My vete left me sit along the road, it just stopped running. From the tach connection on th edistributator there are 2 wires, one was taped (the insulation was stripped off) and I am wondering if there should be two wires or if the mechanic jury rigged the wires and used one to go to the tach filter and the other one went nowhere. I have also found a blue wire that says tach signal on it but it seems to be long enough to be connected to the cruise control (also upgraded last year). any pictures or help would be greatly appreciated.

Art '84 red/red

Reply to
Art