C5 Convertible - Too tall :(

I'm in the market for a used C5 or C6. Anyway I had a line on a beautiful 2001 convertible, probably would have made an offer on it, but one problem. I think my torso is too tall for it. When I first got in it my head was hitting the bar in the soft top, I managed to lean the seat back and move it back a bit and that problem was solved.

Unfortunately the sun visor seemed like it was just above my eye line blocking a bit of my peripheral vision. Moving it out of the way helped but I'd pretty much need to remove it permanently if I bought the car. Still feel I'm too tall for the car as I was still sitting too high for that really raked back winshield.

So I'm probably going to go with the C6 as I did not seem to have these problems in that car. Didn't have them in my 79 vett either. I REALLY wanted to like this car though, I think its gorgeous and had all the options I was looking for.

Reply to
machinamentum

Vertical seat position??

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ

According to the salesman it was as low as it goes.

Reply to
machinamentum

I certainly wouldn't want to offend by questioning the mechanical expertise of a car salesman but, if you're seriously interested in the car, it might bode well to carry an inspection mirror and flashlight back there and take a gander. You're looking for spacers/blocks under the rails.

How tall are you? Actually the critical measurement here is what the anthropometrics folks call 'ass-hole to eyeball' distance. {;-)

--PJ

Reply to
PJ

Okay out of curiosity I measured this distance, sitting in a hard wooden chair, from seat to eye level is 34 inches. Maybe the seat is out of wack I should have tried the passenger on, but didn't.

Reply to
machinamentum

If a C6 fit, then either the C5 has a seat problem or, more likely, the sales person is an idiot. I've owned both and the C5 has quite a bit more room.

Try again and use the electric seat controls to lower it. You have to lower the front and back.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Scales

I am 6' with 32" ('ass-hole to eyeball') and have plenty head-room in my c-4. (more than 2' of room) I heard that the newer ones even have more.

Checking the proper seat operation sounds like a good idea. If correct ? Maybe it can be modified to fit ya ?

g'luck my2¢

Reply to
"Key

Humm, I'm 2" shy of that and have about 5" above my head. I do lean the seat back a notch though, because of long arms. You should try all the way down and then tilt the whole seat back and see if that does the trick.

Reply to
Bob I

Had another go and we got the seat adjusted right. Still a bit low if I really straighten up my back, but's its alright.

Thanks Again

Reply to
machinamentum