changing crossfire C4 to carburation

You can buy crossfire intakes at swap meets,

I'm sure if you do a Google search, you can find one. Also, call Jones Enterprises @ 570-644-0777 in Coal Township, pa.

He had an 82 Camaro, with a spare one.

I hope this helps.

RK

Reply to
Refinish King

It was in the Camaro from 1982!

You and the other guy, should be careful of cigarettes with white dust on them.

Reply to
Refinish King

The ECM fired the injectors at different times,

But, I think the one TB's wires can go to one injector, and the other to the second injector.

Still a hack job, but plausible.

Reply to
Refinish King

don't personally work on my car. my wrench/friend has done all the work on my car. I AM using the stock speedo. my ECU is still in place and controlls some things but not all. I don't seem to have any problems with the 'digital dash' .

Reply to
'Key

what was in the camaro from 1982? the 7004R trans?

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

Hey, all you can do is point out the pitfalls and disadvantages to the fellow. I agree that a cracked manifold doesn't warrant what he wants to do, but he seems to have his mind set on it. In effect what he'll be doing by completing this "retro-fit" is reducing any market or intrinsic value of the car to nothing,.... plus he's going to spend a couple thousand in parts & labor to arrive at this end result.

Not to criticize, just my opinion.

Reply to
Billy Ryman

The Cross-Fire TBI system on the 84 was two GM 200 series TBI's. The same TBI's that would appear in GM's medium cars and light trucks 3 years later. Synchronization of the TBI's was done via the ECU. It was a good system, fuel efficient, and got rid of that massive amount of vacuum lines that draped the intake manifold, but lacked the kind of performance you want in a Corvette.

I spoke with a welder the other day and he said that unless the manifold is broken in half it is not a problem repair it.(In the neighborhood of $100). A couple years ago he repaired a smashed runner on a SBC manifold for me. Looked like a factory new manifold when he was done. If you have a skilled welder with the right tooling he can work wonders.

Reply to
Billy Ryman

They used the 200-4R for a while, then switched to 700R4. Don't remember when.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

I don't remember if it was manual or automatic:

Call them at 570-644-0777, ask for Paul.

Reply to
Refinish King

Pitfalls as follows:

Modifying the transmission detent cable, and making a bracket.

Changing over to a HEI distributor, providing he has the clearance.

Wiring issuse, Codes setting for missing components.

Emissions, my daughters and grandchildren breath the air hr will mess up.

Cam issues, i.e..: Stumbling, hesitation and all that good shit.

Gearing, the rear is most like lower than a carbureted car.

I'm too disgusted to go on and tired.

Reply to
Refinish King

The crossfire system in the Z-28's only lasted 2 years, In 1984 the LU5 option was dropped and it was back to LG4 and L69 which in 1984 sported closed loop carbs!!!!! That system was not the same as the Corvette 1984 version by a far cry (they were the same POS that was installed on the 4 cylinders). It was so poorly designed that the most HP they could get out of the that 305 was a rated 160!

The TBI's used on the 1984 Corvette would not be used in regular GM production until late 1986!

Remind us not to send you to the parts store.

Reply to
Billy Ryman

On an '84, the speed sensor feeds the digital cluster directly. The ECM is then fed a speed signal from the cluster. This was apparently done to simplify operation of the cruise control, which is controlled by the cluster.

Fixitman

Reply to
Fixitman