Changing Tire Size on 69 Vette

I have been running 225, 70, R15 tires on my '69 vette since I could get radials on the car. I've had some fender-rubbing problems in the past, so I've decided to go to 215, 70, R15s. Until they wear out, I'll have two 225's on the rear and new 215's on the front. I'll then go to all 215's. Will my speedometer readings differ by any noticeable amount with the 215's on the car? Will the 215's cause any problems at all?

I've been told that the 215's are actually closer to the F70's that came on the car.

Thanks, Charles

Reply to
Charles Halliman

About a couple of MPH variance..I would guess...

Reply to
grayfox

Speedo will read only about 1mph lower than before at 50mph

Reply to
WayneC