Liberty tire size

Just added a second Jeep to our household, a '04 Liberty, 3.7 liter.

Stock tires size is 215/75-16.

I "think" the rear-end ratio for the Liberty Sport is 4.10, but I could be wrong.

How big a tire will go on this without rubbing. I am talking about on-road use mostly, primarily for those nasty snow WV days when my wife has to take grandma to the doctor.... (no kidding).

What has anyone been able to fit without problems or lifting?

Anyone want to share their experience?

(yeah, I know, Liberty's are not "real" jeeps, but somebody humour me with an answer anyway)

:-)

Bryan

Reply to
bryan

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Wow, that does make it look low. Bryan

Reply to
citynet

Uh... am I the only who wants to buy tires for a Liberty?

Anybody have a clue as to where I can look to find what should fit. I don't want to go big, just a little bigger than stock.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Maybe I could fit some neon lights under there too. Could I put little bitty rock guards over each little light? :-)

Bryan '05 TJ '04 Liberty

Reply to
Bryan

She makes that liberty look huge

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

You can go up to a 235/70R16 without any other modifications. I just upgraded to these on my wife's liberty - it also originally had 215 tires.

-jd

bryan wrote:

Reply to
jdarg