Cold weather - squeeky belt

Belt started squeaky perhaps due to cold weather (stops squeaking when engine is hot) here in Houston. I applied belt dressing, and squeaking got worst!?!

Empty3

2000 Vette
Reply to
Empty3

Sometimes they can get glazed, and no amount of dressing will work for long. Plus the dressing will make a mess under the hood. And the pulley can become glazed with a glazed belt. If you decide to replace the belt, I'd hit the pulley with a green scotchbrite pad.

errr... I just saw your sig.... 2000 Vette? It's a ribbed serpent> Belt started squeaky perhaps due to cold weather (stops squeaking when

Reply to
RicSeyler

Your belt is worn out and the belting is riding on the ridges of the pulley. A new belt will cure it and the dressing is not even a stop gap anymore with the serpentine belts. When you replace it look at the bottom of the groves and you'll see the wear on the wire belt.

Reply to
Dad

Thanks Ric & Dad, looks like I have to replace the belt.

Empty3

2000 Vette
Reply to
Empty3

Are you so freaking stupid that you have to ask what the problem is with your belt..Just go out and buy a new belt..stop wasting our time reading all these posts. BUY A BELT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Thundergod

Reply to
Bob I

and if the engine rattles, just buy a new one right? Stop taking up space and offer insights based on Vette ownership experience and/or troubleshooting such as Dad, Ric, Charlie, etc.

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3