How long have you owned your current Corvette?

I've had my 59 since 92 and my 98 since 98 Charlie

Reply to
localhost

I've had my 67 since August 1974. Paid $500 for it back then.

RON

67/435HP ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Reply to
Ron in NY-67 427/435hp

=================

Boy were you sharp....NOT LUCKY...just sharp...

During the 1973 Oil Crisis I remember plenty of my friends bitching about the price of gasoline and selling their cars or swapping in a small block ... Plus Southern States stopped selling & delivering gasoline to fill residential gas tanks such as I had for personal use... !@$#

Honestly I wish I had your "smarts" in 73 and 74....

But I didn't I sold my truck and purchased a Vette....a Chevette unfortunately NOT a Corvette ...

Bob Griffiths

64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes ....Chevette is long gone.. lol
Reply to
Bob G.

I bought my 350/350 '69 coupe, new, in '69.

Charles

Reply to
halliman

A new leader!

Dang - 500 bucks in '74 would equate to buying a '98 for $1,973 and change. I bought my '67 in '79 for $6000, as I recall, which would be $16,083 today for a '93. Me thinks the depreciation isn't what it used to be.

Year vs. dollar worth is a pretty fun little exercise for certain items:

My '67 went out the door of it's Pennsylvania dealership (in '67) for just shy of $5000. Today that would be $29,132 today. This is not to say the current Corvettes are overpriced - consider all the technology, amenities and safety features of today vs. '67.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___

Barking Rats