My first 'Vette - 2004

I just bought my first one. A 2004 automatic coupe with 32K miles, flawless Magnetic Red/black interior. GM extended warrantee until 2010. Two roofs, preferred equipment group and chrome wheels. Price: 29950. I'm feeling so good right now. BK

Reply to
bill kolofa

Congratulations! Welcome to the Corvette brother/sisterhood.. Enjoy your car, drive it like it was meant to be driven, and take good care of it.

AJM

93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
Reply to
CardsFan

Congrats, me too, last week a LT-4 CE in great condition with 'only' 140K miles on it, silver with both roofs, new tranny and clutch, cold air 'ram' induction (Vortec?) and Borla cat-back but I did get it a little cheaper than yours, hehe. I do have a question though for the group please -- I have purchased spark plugs and wires, used to be that one would change the rotor and cap too with a tune up runs great now but should I tackle the opti-spark (it's the vented one) -- replace the whole thing, just the cap/rotor or leave it alone? Far as I know it's all original. Have to take the water pump off to get to it right? Should I replace the water pump too then? Been told to use only AC Delco parts, I have already changed all the fluids (to all synthetic) except the coolant, when I do pink or green any preference? Like I said it's running great now... thanks and I LOVE THIS CAR had a street-ported RX-7 last doesn't EVEN come close...!

Butcher '96 LT-4 Collector Edition

Reply to
Butcher

oh and will anyone be at the track day this weekend at TWS? Been there a few times on my Kawasaki ZX12R looking forward to trying out the 'Vette on their fast 2.9 mile road course

Reply to
Butcher

First, congratulations on getting your car! 'Vettes are loads of fun, aren't they?

I've replaced the water pump on mine, not too bad to do (yes, you do remove it to get to the opti). Have you priced an optispark? If it's running great I'd leave it be and spend that money elsewhere.

My best,

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

'I just bought my first one. A 2004 automatic coupe with 32K miles, flawless Magnetic Red/black interior. GM extended warrantee until 2010. Two roofs, preferred equipment group and chrome wheels. Price: 29950. I'm feeling so good right now. BK'

REPLY: Welcome to the Corvette Club ! You got a very nice Vette for your first one ; can i ask how old you are ?

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Congratulations!

I can't tell you how long it takes for that feeling to wear off. Never, I hope. That feeling you get driving it off the dealer lot - I still have that every time I drive my '00 C5 and it's been four months!

You need to work on that mileage, though. It's way too low. :)

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light