Simplest question ever...

but then again, I've got a simple mind!

On a 1994 Corvette convertible where are the turn signal and 4-way flasher relays located? The turn signals on my girlfriends car are intermittently OK, then slow, then OK again so I'm suspecting that the flasher is failing. Thanks.

Reply to
russschell

Could be the flasher unit or a bulb burned out. Burned out bulbs effect the way a flasher operates ( I assume less resistance in the circuit causes this )

Check all bulbs, and if they are OK replace the flasher unit

Reply to
labtech_one

He didn't ask "what", he asked "where"

Reply to
WayneC

Maybe you missed this part in your haste to leave a message. he MAY not have a failing 'flasher', was trying to save him the headache of tearing into the dash.

Reply to
labtech_one

Maybe you missed the part where he said "The turn signals on my girlfriends car are intermittently OK, then slow, then OK again "

Hmmmm

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

Wayne ..if your so freaking smart why didn't you tell him where instead of your sarcastic stupid reply....and a total waste of our time .....it is good to always first check all the bulbs and sockets....boy are you a dumb one. It is jerks like you that shouldn't even be allowed the use of a computer.

Reply to
Wolfman

yep a corroded socket will do that, if you check the bulbs and one is acting 'funny' thats a good place to investigate.

I didn't see you answering this guys question. Instead of replying to me, maybe you could share some of your infinate wisedom and help the man out.

girlfriends

Reply to
labtech_one

Reply to
Ric Seyler

My infinite wisdom says, A. Read twice answer once. B. Always leave spell check on C. Don't top post D. An answer is a guess without all the facts of what he has or has not checked or done so far. E. He only asked " where are the turn signal and 4-way flasher relays located? " F. No one has answered the Simplest question yet.

Here's waving at you .!..

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

If its anythng like where it is on a C4, you REALY want to follow the advice to check the bulbs. On a C4 it's behind where the glove box would be. I spent an hour getting enough of the car apart to wiggle one finger onto it. Fortunately, I was just trying to replace it with a louder one.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

There will be MORE resistance from the bulbs with one burned out. But yes, that can cause a slow flash.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

I did til someone decided it was the WRONG answer

Ususally my spelling is fine but I do have an occasional typo from big fingers

Top posting makes sense, since most people have already read the first post, a reply saves time and effort scrolling down thru miles of 'un-snipped' rehash if its posted on top ( do what you want, but I'll top post ) I doubt the group here needs another 'top post cop', and its not going to make me change, so drop it

exactly

Like I said I was attempting to save him the headache of tearing into the dash

Including you

And heres waving right back at you :)

Reply to
labtech_one

You're right, I DON'T know the answer. I intended no "stupid sarcastic reply"...it sounded to me like labtech_one might have known where the flasher was located and I simply tried to let him know he missed the main point of the question.

Not all of us are familiar with all generations of the Corvette, far less all the systems on each, but I like to read posts to see if I can learn more.

BTW, I had a 25-year career in computers before I retired, so I think I've earned the use of mine (I have 3), and I've owned a bunch of Corvettes over the years, starting with a near-new 1961.

Reply to
WayneC

Real programmers don't use an assembler!

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ