05 caravan?

Hi,

I am looking at buying either a Sedona,Toyota, or a dodge caravan minivan

the sedona is about 17.8K the dodge caravan is 14.5K I have always bought ford or chrysler.

How are the 4 cyl 4 speed trany dodge caravans? I have a 96 Plymouth now with a 4 cyl and a 3 speed transmission and like it. Hear that the 4 cyl dodge is doggy. My Plymouth burns about ½ gallon between oil changes and 1 quart of oil. The dealer said this is normal use of coolant for this engine. I am getting tired of always having to add fluids. I just want a reliable van. With less maintenance. Is it the new 05 caravan 4cyl it?

Reply to
Zee

My 97 Caravan doesn't consume fluids as you describe. I've never needed to add coolant (between flushes) and may sometimes need to add 1/2 quart of oil between changes. That's it.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

anyone know what I should pay for a base model caravan?

Reply to
zee

A reasonable (not the best) deal is $100 over invoice less incentives. Often you can do better than that if you want to haggle.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I did a query with some of those one line services. It turns out that the dealers all responded with their "200" over invoice but varied by over a thousand dollars on the same vehicle with the same features.

I hate buying new cars.

Sorry to rant a little, but I am unhappy that people are trying to fleece me at every turn in the buying process. :-(

Reply to
zee

Reply to
ldenn2