1998 Ply voy 3.3

I posted the following on 6/9/08. "The van stopped today. It will turnover but not start. It has been this way for approx 7-8 hours now. I was going to take it to an electronic shop. Does this make sense? What would have caused this? Thank you. Pete"

Since that time, I took the van to an ignition shop and they did the following, "charge battery, check powers & grounds to PCM". The tech also replaced the crank sensor, apparently unnecessarily. He apparently checked the fuel pressure and apparently it was was alright. I am not sure about him checking the coil issue, but I mentioned this to the tech. I am not sure if he checked for vacuum issues. The tech said that there is apparently no power out of the main computer, and he cannot program the used computer that I bought. I subsequently decided to take it to a chrysler mechanic.

I think the tech may have been blaming the main computer, and it may not be that at all. Researching it online, I have found others with the starting problem and the final resolution was the circuit board behind the instrumentation panel. The chrysler mechanic, who has not looked into the situation yet, believes that the tech may be wrongly blaming the computer. Was the tech wrong? What are the thoughts of this newsgroup on the matter? Thank you. Pete

Reply to
Pete

you are looking for some one to tell you he was wrong if you took it to a mickey mouse shop other then the dealer you should blame your self for not going to the people that know you car and not some parts CHANGER. like most oem shops

Reply to
truckdriver