2000 Dodge Caravan - Overheated - Fault Code P0118

I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan with 95,000 miles. I was driving in stop and go traffic and pulled into a fastfood drive up lane when the temperature light came on and the engine temperature spiked. I pulled out of the line and quickly popped the hood. The radiator fans were NOT working. I have checked the fuse for the radiator fans and it is also okay. I let the engine cool and checked the coolant level, which was fine. Once the temperature was back to normal, I continued driving the van. I have since been in stop and go traffic, but the engine has not overheated. I went to a local parts dealer and had them check for fault codes. Two codes came up. One was P1491 for a Secondary Switch Solenoid Circuit Malfunction which I believe is related to an airbag recall notice that I have not had repaired. The second code is P0118 - the input from the engine coolant temperature sensor is higher than expected. The parts place suggested I change the engine coolant temperature sensor - which I did. The engine has not overheated but the radiator fans do not come on - even when the A/C is on. Any suggestions before I do any further damage to the fan? - Could this possibly be a relay issue??

JWK- Kenner, La

Reply to
jkrause20

first of all you need to get that code taken care of, it has nothing to do withy the air bag recall. Then replace the radiator fan relay. It is located just under the battery mounted to the frame rail.

Reply to
maxpower