2000 Dodge Grand CaravanSE Cig lighter not working

It will not work when the key is off, only when it is on, it says in the manual it is easy to make it work when the key is off and to ask your dealer, none of them want to help me. any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
Murf72

IF you look under the hood in the PDC, lift the black plastic cover that houses the fuses and look for a fuse that is marked with ign/batt. slide the fuse into the battery slot and see if it works the way you want it to now. It should explain this in the owners manual..

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Ok looked in the PDC, I have no ign/battery fuse. I have a cig &accy

20A fuse and a cig&accy relay. but thats about it. any other ideas? thanks for your help.

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
Murf72

All years are different but if it says it is easy to do in the owners manual it must tell you how to do it. Read about the fuses.If I think about it when I go to work tomorrow I will see if I can find a 2000 in the shop.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Im sitting here thinking about this and you may need to purchase an accessory relay for the PDC. Is there a spot for a relay that is missing? if so what do they say they are used for?

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower