2002 Dodge Neon

My daughter's 2002 Neon is having a problem - when stopped at light it hesitates and sometimes stalls. When you are backing up and turning the wheel hard it will sputter and try to stall. Any suggestions?

Reply to
muddogcoach

Is the check engine on? When was the last time it had a tune up with a good set of plug wires?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

The check engine light is not on - the car was in a wreck - my brother, who is the collision repair teacher at the vo-tech school bought and fixed the car - it has only 55,000 miles on it. Didn't think it needed a tune-up yet.

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
muddogcoach via CarKB.com

Connect scan tool and drive until it gets hot, do a couple of decels from about 45mph down to about 35mph then see if you can monitor a misfire. If the vehicle is running this bad it should set a code

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

i had a problem with my neon i had to replace the egr it did not give a code for that and it sounds like the problem i had check the pipe from the egr and see if it gets hot as soon as you start it up it is on the left side of the car by the battery the electrical part of the egr go bad check it out it drove me nuts

Reply to
truckdriver