95 Caravan dash removal

I need to remove my dash to fix my stereo. Any ideas as to removing the dash. I have tried taking out all the screws that I can find but it still will not come out. Don't want to force it and break something, then have to buy new parts because of being like an ape. Must be some procedure to get it apart.

Looking forward to some helpful ideas.

Thanks

Reply to
DonTraboulsee

Feel around the large plastic piece that surrounds the radio and center vents. On my 1992 Caravan, this piece is attached by Velcro. Just pull gently on the lower edge and you can hear the velcro releasing. Don't pull on the top.

Don

Reply to
Don in San Antonio

If it's like my 92 (can't remember how different the 95's dash is), it's very easy. The radio is in the middle, with a vent on either side, then below that are the switches for the heating/cooling system, and the storage cubbyhole. Open the glove compartment which borders the trim that surrounds all that I just mentioned, that will give you a spot to grab on to begin working the trim piece loose. 2 catches at the top, 2 at the bottom, just pry them loose. 2 bolts and the radio is free. You'll also have to take out the strip below the radio that has thebuttons for rear liftgate release and defroster...2 more easy screws...

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

your gonna have to remove the upper panel over the steering wheel and take out the complete instrument cluster bezel. its a pain in the butt!!! lots of screws

Reply to
maxpower