'95 Neon loses power on highway

I recently bought a 1995 Neon, auto tranny, that idles great and has no problem around 60km/hour (35mph) but after being on the highway for 10+ minutes at 100km/h (60mph) it feels like it's running out of gas. Tank is half full.

When this happens, if I stomp on the pedal the transmission kicks down a gear and it will accelerate normally. When I lift my foot to maintain my speed it starts to lose power again. Once I get off the highway the car seems to run OK.

Does this sound like an O2 sensor? I'm getting the O2 sensor code. Anything else it could be?

Reply to
Noozer