Neon - Jackrabbits in Second Gear

Today our car just started to "jackrabbit" in 2nd gear. It does it about 1/2 to 3/4 of the time now...but only in second. All the other gears work fine. Clutch pedal feels fine. Pressure is fine. We will be moving in second, and then it kicks back...feels just like jackrabbit gas. We can?t find anything in any troubleshooting books for symptoms like this. Anybody know what is causing this?

Reply to
madkody

check engine mounts, particularly front one.

Reply to
wraithyjeep

I was in Baltimore yesterday in standstill traffic and all of a sudden, the RPMs reaved up like I was hitting the gas, but I wasn?t. Just had my foot on the brake. (Sounds possessed to me).

The spedometer has also gone haywire. It jumps around (normally within 15-20 miles of what speed you are going). When I am stopped it says I am going 10 miles an hour...and still is moving a little bit.

We read the codes on it...just got code 55 which is End of Codes. We are baffled and don?t want to pay $75 for the shop to do the exact same tests we?ve done.

It really sounds like it has to be one problem since everything has happened within 2 days.

Reply to
madkody