99 dodge avenger es wont shift

ya we have a 99 avenger es and we left one day and the speedometer quit working and the same time the transmission wouldnt shift from second.we heard from other people that the vehicle speed sencer.well i did that and it still didnt help the problem so if anyone knows what the problem could be just e-mail me at t snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com thanks.

Reply to
speckfish

There are 2 sensors, which one did you replace??

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

You should change output speed sensor. First make yoru speedometer work, to pinpoint any problem with the transmision.

Reply to
uccoskun