A/C unit not working

The A/C unit on my 2001 Dodge caravan is not kicking in (or cycling??). Could being really low in freon (not sure of the current term) cause that to happen??? Thanks in advance Dodger

Reply to
dodger

There is a low pressure cut out switch on the system that will not allow the compressor to turn on if the system goes below 50psi. It could be a number of other things but the first thing to check would be the proper charge of the system.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

my 2001 Dodge caravan is not kicking in (or

THank you Glenn..I hope that's the problem....doesn't sosund QUITE as bad as it might be.

Reply to
dodger

on my 2001 Dodge caravan is not kicking in (or

It turns out that the system needed recarged. There is a leak someplace obviously but the technician couldn't immediatly find it. As of right now the unit is tuirning out nice cool air . Dodger

Reply to
dodger