AC compressor rock damage?

I'm being told my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan's AC is out because the compressor caught a rock, thus is not covered under warranty. Anyone ever hear of this or know if this model has had problems with its AC or even if such a thing is possible without any other damage to other parts of the car, i.e. grill, fan, radiator, etc, etc. Thanks!

Reply to
vinceyble

If I had to guess I would think you mean Condenser not compressor and that could happen on any vehicle with A/C. The condenser is located in front of the radiator and yes, if a rock from the road hits it, it could cause a hole and leak the R-134 out. as a matter fact I had to put one on a 2004 caravan yesterday because of that. Your auto insurance should pay for it. And you pay the deductible

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower