anyone know of a TSB for code "1776" (1998 grand voyager)

I've had occassional transmission hiccupping (sharp transitions, etc.). The shop just hooked up a scanner and read a code 1776, but since it's a holiday weekend, their Number One Tech is out until Tuesday, and they weren't sure what it meant..

Per a Google lookup, it's: " Chrysler Solenoid Switch Valve Latched in LR Position" and... there may be a TSB offering a freebie fix.

I couldn't find any further details, but would obviously prefer it being done under warranty rather than my having to pay.

Anyone have access? Thanks.

Car is a 1998 grand voyager with the mumble mumble engine.. (grumble... you'd think I would rememebr...)

thanks again

Reply to
danny burstein

No TSB's

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks for the lookup.

I realize you're not looking at the transmission, but do you think it would make any sense to do a fluid refresh (and cross fingers...) before committing to more major work?

Thanks again.

Reply to
danny burstein

I had a 1776 on my 02 intrepid r/t. I could not find the code in the book. I found out later at the dealers that the valve body was bad.

Reply to
lybarra