Dogde Interpred 96- Timing belt - problem

My dodge interpred 96 broke and I brought it to a repair shop. They said the problem would be the timing belt. And that they have to change it. They would charge me 400 bucks (including towing) to fix it. Is this a fair prize for changing the timing belt because I think it is realy realy high. Is it complicated to change it and what would be a normal prize? Thank you for your help!

Reply to
tommy1984

Actually no it isn't a high price especially if that includes the tensioner, water pump and idler pully for the belt. And I would have all that replaced with it.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

It is complicated to change it, that's the normal price (not "prize") and a fair price (not "prize"). If you think it is really really high you are some kind of cheapskate.

Reply to
Mister OKWrench

I'll bet your german isn't as good as his english.

Reply to
Neil Nelson