electric radiator fan 92 daytona

my kids electric fan does not turn on. car overheating. I pulled plug off fan and put voltmeter on it 0 volts. I tested fuses. (there are 2 associated with the fan?) one of them is just a spade fuse and the other is a small black box fuse with 4 spades. wasn't sure how to test this one but there was another one right next to it so i swapped them. I also did some ohm readings from end of plug to ground and fuse and did find some continuity. although i don't have a diagram so i am not sure if readings were correct. i was also able to see 12 volts at various points on the fuses. that is with fuses pulled.

can anyone tell me when i should actually see voltage on the plug.

thanks

Reply to
Rod H

Your only going to see the voltage on the plug when the radiator fan is required to be on. You can get the temp up to 3/4 to full and shut the engine down, leave the key on and then check for 12 volts and ground. This car is to old for me to remember what it what. If you don't have 12 volts make sure you check the fusible links, I believe they are just behind the battery but not sure.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

thanks for the input. I will check this out for my kid.

Reply to
Rod H