Fogging inside of front headlights

I have 1997 ply voyageur where the inside of the front headlights have a film of some sort, it makes the headlights really dim. I did put in new lights last year. I have read in one post here about taking the lens off, drilling a hole in the lowest part and resealing with a clear silicone. Anyone try it or got any suggestions? I have heard that new headlight assemblies cost around $100 each!!

Reply to
craig34