Bouncing headlights

I bought my '94 Miata new and installed the low-profile headlight kit soon afterwards. I have noticed lately that both headlights bounce around while driving. I suspect it's the bushings at the pivots. I stopped at a Mazda dealer and asked about replacement bushings but he couldn't find the parts or part number. Does anyone know where I can get these bushings?

I'm also in need of a replacement rear window and the zipper. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Greg Burkhart

Reply to
Greg Burkhart

I had to recently buy one of those for my 91. You actually have to buy the whole metal arm ($18 plus tax here in north TX).

Here's the part no. NA01-51-SA5

Adam Payrot

Reply to
Adam Payrot

Thanks, but that's the arm... I'm looking for the pivot bushings that the headlight assembly itself pivots on. There are 2 on each headlight.

Reply to
Greg Burkhart

Part 99940-0600 is the "standard hardware" flanged nut used on the pivot bolt. My '90 has black plastic "top-hat" bushes at the pivots, however they do not seem to be shown on any of the parts diagrams I have, nor on the one posted by Adam.

-cliff knight-

*vEL1TSusIFHfkZ8xOridfV1vp2jKMlCEyGxehK0VJ*bEj5t0DL9xdAPJzYFvBHAhysTRkbzsNST3SFYEVwhGk/parts.jpg?dc4675431271693385310> >

Reply to
Cliff Knight