installing subs having power cable problem

I have a 2006 stratus with an autostarter and alarm. I need to run my amplafier power cord from my battery(under Hood) to my amplifier(Trunk) the thing is 2006 stratuses have a fuse boxes???? is the very visible and long bolt on the top of the fuse and relay box with the red cap over it with a + sign what i should be putting this metal chord on top of? or is there a different spot i plug it in.... also i'm getting shocked trying to use this bolt!! is it cause a fuse needs to be taken out due to the auto start or something????

-- Message posted using

information at

chadoguin

Not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do with the fuse box...but as I understand the proper install, you need to run a wire directly to the battery terminal. Just make sure you put an inline fuse in it up near the battery. That's how I wired mine up years ago...

Thanks,

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley