Problems starting my 90 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE First Time in the Morning

I have a 90 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE van that is giving me difficulty starting 1st thing in the morning. At first it would make no sound at all when I turned the key on. After 2 or 3 tries it usually would start and would always start when I went for lunch and at the end of the day. I had the battery checked and they said it was bad so I purchased a new battery. For 2 straight days it started first time in the morning but the 3rd day it went back to not starting on the first crank. I went to Auto Zone and had the alternator checked and they said it was fine. Now in the morning it will make a click the first time and then the 2nd time act like it is going to start and usually the 3rd time it will start. I don't know what to do next. I know that possibly the starter may be the problem or a bad solenoid but it just puzzels me that the only time it gives me these problems are after it has set all night. Any suggestions?

Reply to
hicksi1

Common problem.

Starter solenoid contacts.

Lifetime supply for eight bucks.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Thanks so much for letting me know what to have the shop change first. I'll ask them to change the starter solenoid contact first. Thanks for the info. I do appreciate it!

Reply to
hicksi1