Re: accelerating problems

"insepter20" wrote: > My car is having some accelerating problems. It is a 1998 > dodge neon four door 5 speed. when I shift into 3rd gear it > dosnt want to accelerate, it does this in 4rt and 5th also. > evey once in a while it will do fine but not that often. I > have already changed the spark plugs and wires, it helped it a > little bit but it slill does it. What do I need to do?

i don?t know everything but my boyfriend has a 99 neon and it could be your head gasket is going bad. it depends on how bad it is NOT accelerating...is it spuddering when it shifts? maybe it is the fuel pump (like when you turn really sharp, does it do the same thing?)..... tashamonster

Reply to
tashamonster