starter problems

Just put a new remanufactured starter on my 86 toyota truck. In fact it is the third one in the last two months, I put the new starter works fine for a short while then out of the blue I turn the key and nothing happens. I checked the wires and put new crimp on connectors on and still every 5th or

6th start nothing. I thought it could have been the ignition switch but once it wont start turning the key off and on a hundred times and nothing . The battery is new and it wouldnt matter if you jumped the car it still doesnt start but heres the kicker and why I thought it was the starter all the time when you tap on the starter go to the ignition it starts right up. I know you do this when a starter is going bad and starts locking up but i stress the fact that im am just barely tapping the selenoid which is molded to the starter, I could use a broom pole stick whatever i can find handy and it starts right up. I'd appreciate any help its becoming a pain in the neck.

Thanks, John

Reply to
John McDermott

Some ideas on my page: