1989 Caravan problem

I have or my wife has a 1989 caravan with a 3 Liter eng that has developed a problem. It wants to miss every so often when cruising down the highway. I have replaced the gas filter but that didn't help. I took the plugs out and they all look good. Is this an electrical problem or a fuel problem ?

Thanks Ron

Reply to
Ron

If it acts like an upper limit on the ability to deliver power it may be a failing fuel pump. I am ready to replace the one in my 89 Voyager. Initially, at various times, it wouldnt hold 70 mph up hill, then 65, etc. Now on a bad day it wont go fast enough to get into 4th. Guess I'll have to do something soon.

A few years ago I had what seemed to be a random misfire problelm. Reseated most of the electrical connectors. I suspect that it was the big one behind the battery that connects to the computer. That was when the problem seemed to disappear.

good luck,

mpm

Reply to
michael moorman

Ok thanks for the advice. It has around 140000 miles on it and expect the fuel pump will have to be replaces someday but at this time power doesn't seem to be the problem just a hessitation every so often. I will reset the connection.

Thanks Ron

michael moorman wrote:

Reply to
Ron

Ahh..the wonderful Mitsubishi motor... When was the last time you cleaned the TB on it?

Reply to
webmaster