2001 Dodge Ram - collapsing dashboards

news-press.com

ORLANDO ? Several owners of 2001 Dodge Rams
are reporting that the dashboards on their vehicles are mysteriously collapsing or cracking, possibly putting their lives in danger, according to an investigation by WKMG Local 6 News.

Local 6 showed video from the inside three 2001 Dodge Rams belonging to Central Floridians. Two of the vehicles had cracks and the third had a large hole on the dashboard.

"The (dashboard) is practically sunk," Local 6's Steven Cooper said about one of the vehicle's dashboards. "Think of this as a sinkhole on your dashboard."

Billi Hilt was the first viewer to report the cracks to Local 6 News. Hilt said she called Local 6 after she called someone at Dodge. "He told me it wasn't a recall item so there was absolutely nothing they would do about it," Hilt said.

Another Dodge Ram owner Customers are urged to call (800) 992-1997 to report any concerns.

Reply to
George Orwell

Rams

reporting that the dashboards on> their vehicles are mysteriously collapsing or cracking, possibly> putting their lives in danger, according to an investigation by WKMG> Local 6 News.

It's a good thing "Local 6" found a competent engineer in Ms. Hudson, otherwise they'd never make the correlation. She better fix that [admittedly cheap-ass plastic] dash before she blows out a tire or cuts a fart.

What total news agency shit.

Reply to
Jon

Rams

reporting that the dashboards on>>their vehicles are mysteriously collapsing or cracking, possibly>>putting their lives in danger, according to an investigation by WKMG>>Local 6 News.

Maybe they ought to look at the splits in the dash of the 300M's over the passenger side airbags. Dash must be made by the same supplier. No help from DC on that problem either from what I understand.

Bill Putney