2001 RAM Water Pump replace hours

How long should it take a reasonable mechanic to replace the water pump on a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. Has Air and PS?

Parts will cost less than $100.00 so need just the labor information.

Thanks Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Alldata shows 2.3 hours for the pump. Don't forget to replace the by- pass hose while you're in there.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

And don't forget to reconnect the hose from that goes from the fuel filler to the tank; I got unleaded all over my dress shoes once due to that!!

Reply to
9DodgeFan

Gee, I've never had to disconnect the fuel filler hose to replace a water pump!

Note to 9DodgeFan: Stand back when filling!

Reply to
PeterD

Same here but I just figured the ole boy was on a fishing trip....

Denny

Reply to
Denny