2003 Ram diesel auto slamming into 2nd gear at 80mph on freeway!

My guess would be her truck wasn't equipped with the Sentry Key system, and that code is just always there. That, or the PCM lost it's secret key, and therefore the Sentry Key system isn't working (ie. any old key will start the truck). I might mention it to the dealer when it's in, but it's not part of this particular problem.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Perhaps is the truck named : Christine? heh heh

Reply to
TaskProperties

Thanks for the help, all!

Yup, the actual gear lever is physically down into 2nd. Don't know how it gets there, but when I'm freaking out on the freeway and I reach down to change it back to "D" I am able to do so and all is well again (till it decides to do it again). So it may be mechanical, but there has also been a noticeable loss of power/acceleration in the truck too. So I'm taking it in tomorrow morning and see what that gets me. The key code thing is a bit odd, too. Yet something else for them to look into.

~Bev

Reply to
HorseHauler

Yup, if the lever is doing that, its a problem in the column. The power may be down because the PCM sees this recurring event and doesn't know where its coming from.

Reply to
Max Dodge