2003 Ram

My Ram pick-up recently lost total power on a trip down the interstate with a red light on the dash board flashing away. I looked up the light in the book provided and found it to be the electronic throttle control. 'what I am wondering is if anyone has encountered this before, can I fix it myself, why did it do this and will it do it again. I turned to truck of and started it a few minutes later and all seemed well and drove on home. I want to avoid this again but don't want to take it into the dealer to be ripped off.

Brooks

Reply to
Brooks