2007 Jeep / 2008 T&C TPMS

I have two new vehicles with Tire Pressure Monitor Systems, 2007 Jeep Compass and a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country. When I rotate the tires how to I reset the wheel location for the tire pressure monitoring system. The owners manual doesn't seem to discuss wheel location changes.

Thanks Kevin

Reply to
ks

I don't think you have to do anything.

Reply to
Roy

so... how does the system know where the tire is?

Reply to
ks

That's a hard one.

the older ones used a magnet. The newer ones havea code that can be done with the DRBIII scantool.I have heard that after the vehicle sits for about 4hours (key out) the vehicle will attempt to relearnwhere the wheels are. Since it's a new version I'd just call the dealership and ask.

Reply to
DougW

I believe it just monitors each tire at each location. Doesn't track track them when rotated.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

The only thing the manual actually does say is they use the same receiver as the key fob.

Reply to
ks

the magnet was for calibration IRRC.

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

Do you have any info you can see on your instrument panel? On my GM, I can reset the tire monitor from the dash.

I think Ford has something like that too.

I would assume Chrysler would have something similar.

Reply to
Bill