TPMS Question

I'm (pretty much) committed to trading in my 2008 Outback for a 2018 sometime this month or next. A question came into mind after browsing the online owners manual(s) for the new model and I can't seem to find any sort of answer. The new TPMS system is the sort which shows the actual inflation pressure of each tire rather than just a generic warning as my old one does. My question is about how the car 'knows' which tire is where. I rotate my tires every 5000 miles when I change the oil and filter. After doing so, will the car know which tire is where and display properly or is some sort of reprogramming needed? The answer may be in the online manual(s) but Subaru has broken the manuals up into short PDF chunks and there are scores of them and no way to tell what is where from what I can tell. Thanks...

Reply to
John McGaw

The dealer needs to reprogram the car with the new positions. I'm not sure if tire shops have the new software yet to reprogram the 2018 Outbacks.

Read thru this thread for more info on the 2018 Outback TPMS system and sensors:

Reply to
Bob Bailin