30,000 mile check on 04 Ram

I am bringing my ram in for it's 30,000 mile service. I was quoted $504.00 at the stealership. Is this a bit high or normal. It is a 4x4 with the Hemi engine. Just don't want to get ripped off.?

Reply to
Hp

Just had the 30,000 mile maintenance done on my 04 4X4 in Dec.

The whole 30,000 mile maintenance, as required in the maintenance schedule came to $636.91!!

Reply to
Duane Ogden

Most dealerships add a ton of non-needed, non value added services as part of their 15K, 30K etc. services. They don't seem to perform the required services as specified by the manufacture. Instead they have their own 30K service that they perform on most any car regardless of what the manual may or may not say. Then they add a ton of worthless 'services' to pump up the price.

For me, I just take care of the things on an as needed basis. A car shouldn't need $500+ worth of service every 15K or so.

Reply to
miles

Your market will determine the price of the 30K service, but just make sure that the services performed are ONLY the ones required in the owner's manual. Many times shops will add a bunch of "fluff" that is really not needed. Just do what is necessary and pass on the fluff when it is offered.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Reply to